Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Blog 8 : Thank you to everyone who is following Che throughout his journey. Jill x

Tuesday 19th January 2010 arrived 01.00

Message from Che’s Wife to me the editor of this blog (TAF)

Firstly I would just like to say a massive thank you for supporting Che, Ethan, Ellie-Mae and myself whilst he is away in Haiti. The readers and supporters of this blog may find it strange for me to say that within Che’s work life and hobbies your role is that of Che's "second wife" I can safely say you do an excellent job.

Since Che left yesterday I haven't felt this consistently sick or cried as much since I was pregnant with the kids! I haven't had the chance to have a proper chat with him - although this is understandable what with the amount of preparation that has been required from all of the team. However this doesn't make it any easier on my part (being totally selfish of course!).

I will be glad when he reaches his destination - however this also frightens me to think what he will be going in to. All I can hope is that he has a good team around him; they all look out for each other and make sure that each of them gets home safe. Che and I do talk a lot to one another throughout the day - where ever we are - and not being able to do this just puts me on edge. Hopefully he will text me at daft o'clock in the morning to let me know he has arrived safe.

I am extremely proud of him for doing this but I would rather have him at home being his normal messy, non helpful self - and yes he does have selective Tourettes Syndrome at home too!

Thank you to everyone who is following Che throughout his journey. Jill x

End,

Message from TAF to Jill,

Many thanks for taking the time to put this message together I can only guess how difficult it is for you.

Che is a larger than life character both at work and in life it’s self. He is extremely popular with the students he makes is lessons a fun and interesting experience.

Che teachers from the heart and always makes the learning experience real. Che does not teach from a text book he uses his own life experiences to engage the learner.

I am sure that when he returns safely from Haiti, he will have gathered a lifetimes worth of new teaching and learning material that he will share with students. As for you Jill and I in the role of second wife together and college staff, I am sure he will continue with his quest, to bore us all to death with an advanced array blood related life saving stories, enough said.

Jill on behalf of everyone, who knows is supporting Che.

We wish you to know that our hearts, minds and prayers are with you, Che Ethan and Ellie-Mae, until his safe return and beyond.


Stay in touch, and take care. X


.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Che is a great lecturer and I love sitting in his lessons and listening to him talk about his job. Although he does talk about very disturbing, gory things, everything that he says is great help and great to listen to. He will sit and make jokes about somebody's head been blown off or something strange like that, but if it wasn't for che i probably wouldn't know what black humor was, now I sit in his lessons and ill laugh along with him. This will also help me for my future.

Che will do a great job over in haiti, the same as he does over here, but without the privalage of sitting and watching tele or a dvd in his car, like he says whilst waiting for a call. He is a strong headed and witty man and he will get through it and keep his chin up.

I hope you and your children are ok! And just think positively. Che never gives up without a fight!!

All the best to you and your family, take care!

Anonymous said...

Che is a great teacher and is always having a laugh with you. He likes to take the mik out of everyone. The first time we had Che for a lesson was when we was playin Murderball, and started going on about how people break arms and legs, he was the only one who ended up with a injury! Cause your a fish arnt you Che.
Well we are all coming on here to check how your doing. You will be doing a great job. You'll soon be back entertaining us with you interest in poo.
Lovee Abby Byard & Sophiee Slack x

Anonymous said...

Aup Che....hes a great teacher and he knwos how to hav a laugh with eeryone... he shows us ways to hurt and efficiently damage somebody :) but overall he knows what he is on about... there is a way that che tells you things which get you to not be upset and to laugh about it and tuffen you up...

just think positive its the best way!! i know you dont give up without Fighing for it!! thats what u have taught us!!

Take Care...
Laura Hardwick xXx

Anonymous said...

all the best, everyone in group 5 in first years nationals are all hoping u are all right in haiti. hope the experiance benefits you. and we are all looking forward to seeing you again.

Wishing your wife and kids are ok while your gone, all the best SEE YOU SOON!